Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Needing Patience and a Schedule


I've been on vacation for this past week. My wife is a teacher and it's spring break at her school, so I scheduled a vacation to coincide with her time off. It also seems to be getting dangerously close to riding season and that makes me happy, but I'm not spending my vacation riding. All of the corners are covered in sand and salt that was poured onto the roads all winter.
 
I know I've made this clear in other blog posts, but I like being patient when it comes to taking my motorcycle out in the spring. I've had too many close calls when trying to corner or stop on the sand and salt. A dual sport with some knobby tires would probably be great to ride this time of year, but I don't have one. My advice is to wait until a good rain washes the roads before taking your first ride of the year.
 
Another thing I wanted to discuss is that I almost forgot to write this blog post. It's funny how the structure of my normal weekly schedule keeps me consistently writing, but give me one week of vacation and that consistency nearly goes away. I don't think I'd do well in retirement, I need a schedule to keep order in my life!
 
"A schedule defends from chaos and whim." - Annie Dillard

No comments:

Post a Comment