Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Winter Makes Better Bikers

 
I had a conversation with someone from California who commented on being able to ride motorcycles all year. I said that not being able to ride all winter just makes me enjoy it more. I was joking when I made this statement, but there is a bit of truth to it. I sure enjoy motorcycles a whole lot when spring rolls around.

At the end of July when the temperature is in the high 90s and the humidity is near 100%, the easiest thing to do would be to chill out inside with the air conditioning on. All I think of in these instances is that I'd kill for the opportunity to ride in the middle of February. Usually this thought will convince me to get outside and go riding. I never regret going for a ride on these days.

If circumstances changed and I had the ability to move to a warmer place without affecting my family, career, and friendships, would I? Absolutely! Do I plan on living part of the year in a place without winter sometime in the future? For sure! I am, however, definitely curious if I will enjoy motorcycling as much without the winter break.

"Sometimes, you need to step outside, get some air, and remember yourself of who you are and who you want to be." - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment