Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Moto Invention Thinking


I believe I've mentioned it before, but if I didn't, my real job is in engineering. My company is a pretty good one and today they rolled out a new program. The basics of the program are that if an employee has a great idea or concept, he or she can submit it to a committee. If the idea is accepted by the committee, the company will develop the concept and bring it to market. Obviously, the company retains the rights to the product, but the person who came up with the idea will receive royalties.
 
I instantly questioned what products the motorcycle industry needed. I thought that a stand that supported handlebars would be a good idea. It is challenging to pull the front wheel off a motorcycle without a frame running under the engine (this frame is what is utilized when using a standard motorcycle lift). However, there already is front fork stands on the market that fill this need.
 
So, if any of you readers have a motorcycle problem or need that a new product could solve, please comment on this blog post or on any of KLK Cycles social media. I may be able to come up with a concept that could solve these issues. Together, maybe we can make motorcycling a little better.
 
"If I had 60 minutes to solve a problem, I'd spend 55 minutes defining it and 5 minutes solving it." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment