Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Don't be a Dick


Riding season is upon us! I haven't ridden yet, but the street sweepers are out cleaning debris from the roads and we are bound to get a decent rain sometime soon to wash what the sweeper misses. I'll definitely be riding by next week. Now comes the negotiation with my wife on which days of the week I will ride to work and which days I'll drive my kids to daycare and school.

My wife is extremely supportive of me riding as much as I possibly can and usually will take on some of my responsibility for transporting our kids to school/daycare, but it comes at a price to her. Currently, during our morning commutes, I'll take our son to daycare while she drops our daughter off at school. If I ride my motorcycle to work, she'll need to drive both kids, which will force her to wake up earlier in the morning thereby throwing a monkey wrench in her daily routine. All this just so her motorcycle loving husband can enjoy his morning commute.

If your in a similar situation to me, or will be in the future, my advice is to not be a dick. Your significant other is making sacrifices for your hobby...appreciate that! Don't whine when you can only ride your motorcycle for a couple of days a week. You'd better at least offer to drive your kids on Tuesdays and Thursdays and any rainy days in between.

This is going to be my offer to her:

 1. I will drop both kids off every Tuesday and Thursday morning.

 2. I will also drop both kids off if it is raining in the morning.

 3 If my wife has a meeting or needs to get to work early, I will drop both kids off.

 4. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I will ride to work, barring rain.

 5. I reserve the right to swap out days if the weather is going to be outstanding on a Tuesday or Thursday.

This will be my initial offer to her. She may make a counter offer which I will consider. That's how negotiations work!

Hold on...She's definitely going to read this...Shit!

Hi, honey. 👋😁

"Wil Wheaton says: Don't be a dick." - Wil Wheaton

No comments:

Post a Comment