Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Moto Tech

 
Recently, I discussed BMW's future motorcycle concept and implications it may have to the future of motorcycling. Now, I read this article detailing BMW's vision of technology we might be using in the near future. One item detailed is the HUD (heads up display) which is pretty cool, but that technology has already been created, well kind of (you know what I'm talking about if you've heard of the disaster that was Skully Helmets).

The technology that interests me the most is laser headlights. With the ability to illuminate double the distance of conventional headlights, this will make night time riding much safer. As a rider who has had an accident at night, this is a greatly welcomed advancement.

If you read some of the posts I made while I was searching for a new motorcycle, you'd know that a BMW was one of the bikes I was interested in (specifically the R9T). With all of this technology, I might have to purchase one for my next motorcycle!

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment