Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Blizzard Focus

 
A topic I've mentioned multiple times is the stress relief you can get from motorcycling. I attribute this to the fact that all of your focus must be in the present while you are riding, which causes you to let go of other thoughts. Yesterday, I did something else that forced all of my focus on the task at hand. This was driving my car in a snowstorm.

My question is, why I was so stressed out about driving in the storm, when I feel so relaxed while riding my motorcycle? Both can be inherently dangerous, both can cause you an exhilarating feeling, but only motorcycling will relieve my stress instead of adding to it.

I guess I'd theorize that I choose to ride motorcycles while I am forced to drive in a storm. However, I don't feel that really explains it. Maybe it's the unpredictability of a winter storm, or the other drivers that make driving miserable. Then again, drivers can be unpredictable at any time. I guess I really don't know the answer, but I do know that winter driving sucks!

"The blizzard doesn't last forever; it just seems so." - Ray Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment