Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Unwinding Needed


There are two great stress reliefs that I utilize in my life, motorcycling and strength training (you could throw music into the mix also, but that's not really an activity). During the winter months I rely heavily on lifting weights to get me through as I am unable to ride. This time of year, I focus more on motorcycling to clear my head.

If you read the post from last week, you know that I've been away from home for work. It was a rather stressful week to say the least and I did not have my motorcycle to help me mentally. Also, with the long hours I was working, I would basically go straight to bed after work, leaving no time for lifting weights. I'm finally home today, but I have not been able to ride yet because I parked my bike at the office and drove a company car.

Let's just say that I'm currently chomping at the bit to get back on my bike! After work today, I'm going to finally ride my bike. I know for sure that a huge part of my stress will melt away and I'll be a better husband, father, worker, and overall person afterward. I can't wait!

Do you feel the same after riding?

"Its not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it." - Hans Selye

No comments:

Post a Comment