Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Scrambler Love?


I'm a huge fan of the motorcycle manufacturers building retro "scrambler" bikes. Last year I strongly considered buying a Ducati Scrambler (see that story here). As much as I loved that bike, I think Triumph's version of the scrambler may be even better and BMW has a factory custom scrambler version of the R9T that might be my favorite.

 

 With my love of all these bikes, I was extremely interested in seeing Yamaha's version, the XSR900. When I finally saw a picture of this bike, my reaction was underwhelming. My exact quote was, "Meh." It's not an awful looking bike, but it really doesn't do it for me. This could change if I saw it in person, but as of now I'm not a fan.

 This makes a good point. Just because you like a certain type of motorcycle, it doesn't mean you have to like every single bike that falls in that category. This can be applied to styles, brands, years, or any subcategory you can think of. Like whatever motorcycle you want for whatever reason you want, but don't put yourself in a box when it comes to what type of biker you are.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment