Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Present

 
Last week I went on an evening motorcycle ride with my wife and a friend. It was an incredible ride! The weather was nearly perfect, traffic was minimal, and the scenery was outstanding. At one point, we stopped at another friend's house that is right on the shore of Lake Superior. While visiting, my friend took a photo of our bikes with his phone.

After our ride, I noticed that my friend had posted the picture on Instagram. I thought it was cool, so I liked the post and went on with my night.

The next day I noticed a comment on my friend's Instagram post. A follower of his commented that his photo looked like heaven. This made me take a closer look. The two bikes are in front of a bunch of trees and an outdoor sauna that has recently been restored. The photo perfectly captured a great moment. It really did look like heaven!

I started thinking that I need to be conscious of these great moments while they're happening, not just remembering them in the past. I believe that most people struggle to live in the present and not worry about other things. Let's realize that we are living the good times right now!

I'm not sharing my friend's photo on this post, as it's not mine to share. He's an outstanding photographer and I'd hate to take any credit away from him. I'm sharing photos of my kids because they are another reason I'm trying to focus on being in the present.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift from God, which is why we call it the present." - Bil Keane



No comments:

Post a Comment