Wednesday, July 27, 2016

On the Road Again


I have to travel for work from time to time. It's always a bummer to be away from my family. Thank goodness for Skype and FaceTime, so I can at least see my wife and kids' faces everyday. It seems that every time I travel, I miss on some great event for one of my kids, whether it be a new word, phrase, or skill.. I also have a very difficult time sleeping without my wife next to me. All this is saying nothing about the stress this puts on my wife to take care of the kids alone.

Each different season also brings its own headaches during travel. During the winter, I have to worry about snowstorms or the furnace breaking down while I'm away. During the summer I miss out on prime motorcycling weather.

I was told yesterday that I need to get prepared to head out on the road soon. This is just for a week, so it's not too bad, but I instantly start thinking about how I'll miss my family and I won't be able to ride. Let's just say that I'm pretty bummed out right now.

Sorry for the whining. Maybe I could rent a bike for one of the evenings after work. I'm sure that could cheer me up!

"Nothing makes a room feel emptier than  someone in it." - J

No comments:

Post a Comment