Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Winter's Here...And it Sucks

 
It happened. Snow fell and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere anytime soon. As sad as I am, I really have to admit that it was a pretty good riding season. So, as my tears fall and freeze before they hit the ground, let me recap this riding season.

Before the snow melted in the spring, I received an awesome rainsuit and a heated vest, courtesy of my gorgeous, intelligent, and very supportive wife. This basically removed any excuse from riding in any condition beside ice and snow. Riding in less than perfect weather added fun and adventure to my riding season!

I sold both of my old bikes, a 1999 Ducati Monster and a 1993 Harley Davidson Low Rider. I used the money to invest in a brand new Ducati Monster. So far I'm totally satisfied with this decision. As much as I miss the other bikes, I absolutely love the new one. Also, I'm really happy I had the rainsuit and heated vest, since my attitude was that if I'm going to spend the money to get a brand new bike, I'd better ride the son of a bitch as much as possible!

I had a lot of good rides and really got to enjoy my new motorcycle. I did a couple of longer rides, but with having other responsibilities (job, kids, etc), I had to limit most of my riding to commuting and short local rides. I did get to ride the local twisty roads at least a couple of times every month, usually enjoying them with some great friends, so I have no complaints.

Overall it was a good season, so now I wait for this winter to be over. As soon as this white shit melts, I'll be back on two wheels! I just hope it doesn't take too long. Or, I could get a dirt bike with a snow conversion kit. I hear those are really expensive though...damn it!
"Winter is coming." - George R.R. Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment