Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Stress Relief...Moto Style

Now that my riding season is officially over, I've noticed my stress and aggravation levels skyrocketing. Every time I hear someone sarcastically say, "Did you ride your bike to work today?" I want to reply, "Hahaha! Shut up, you unoriginal fuck!" But, while this response might lower my stress level in the short term, it might have some pretty bad long term effects on my life, so I just smile and laugh.
I think that the pure concentration that is needed while riding is what relieves my stress. The need to be totally focused on that moment really causes all other problems to fade away. Let's face it, if you're not totally focused on your surroundings while riding, bad things can happen. I guess this is also true for a car, but the consequences are usually less severe, so I don't have the stress relieving focus that I do while riding.
I've tried to focus my negative energy into other areas. Loud music in the car and through my headphones tends to help. Also, I'm more focused on weight training at the moment. The final rep on a set of squats also forces me to focus on that moment. However, neither music nor weight training seem to be as good as motorcycling for an outlet, but they'll have to do for now. Hey, with any luck I'll be riding again in April!
"You do not need a therapist if you own a motorcycle, any kind of motorcycle!" - Dan Aykroyd


No comments:

Post a Comment