Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Winterizing Rant

 
If you read this post from last spring (here), you'll notice that my advice was to wait until roads were mostly clear of sand and other debris before taking our bikes out for the season. My advice for the fall is...ride for as long as you can!

I have a hard time understanding why many bikers start winterizing their motorcycles in October when there could be weeks of quality riding time left. Fall is my favorite season to ride and unlike the spring, the roads are generally clear of dirt. I know the temperature might be a little cool, but for the love of all things sacred, enjoy the last moments of riding we have!

I know that some people will claim that it's too late to winterize your bike when it has already snowed. Bullshit! Here's how it works...it snows, you go out to your garage, put Stabil or Seafoam in your gas tank, take out your battery and bring it somewhere warm (you can also just hook your battery up to a tender if you have one). That's it! If you don't have a garage to keep it, then do all of the above and load your bike in a truck or trailer so you can haul it to where ever you store it.

Also, nothing drives me more crazy then people asking, "Did you put your bike away for the winter yet?" No I didn't! If there's no snow in the ground, I'm always ready to ride. Ok...rant over. I feel better now!

"I rant, therefore I am." - Dennis Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment