Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Inconvenient Adventure

 
"An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Gilbert K. Chesterton
I know I usually finish the blog posts with a quote, but this one leads into my theme so well that I had to put it at the beginning. For the last couple of weeks we've had typical fall weather; cold, rainy, windy and even a little snow. I've mentioned before that most of my riding comes by the way of commuting to and from work and I do so every day that I can.
Every morning that the weather isn't perfect, someone in my family will say something like, "You're not riding into work today, are you?" I always reply, "Of course I am!" Then when I get to work, there's always someone who asks, "You didn't take the bike today, did you?!!" Again I reply with, "If course I did." Who else can claim that they had an adventure on their way to work?
Braving the elements may be miserable while you're in that moment, but it's great when you look back at your experience and realize how fun it actually was! Humans aren't meant to be comfortable all the time! Actually, I believe that we as a society are so comfortable that we need to purposefully put ourselves in uncomfortable situations. It sure makes the stress of work less of an issue when you have to fight against the wind, rain, and cold on your commute. Gear up, saddle up, and go! Adventure is just a throttle twist away!


No comments:

Post a Comment