Wednesday, September 30, 2015

MotoScrub


I hate washing my motorcycle. I know hate is a strong word, but I still say I HATE washing it! Part of it may be that I like when my bike looks like it's ridden, but it really boils down to me not wanting to spend the amount of time it really takes to get the job done properly.

I have friends that love and take pride in keeping a clean bike and I don't hold anything against them for it. I actually admire them and sometimes I wish that I felt the same. I said that I like my bike to look like it's ridden, but that doesn't mean that I don't like how it looks after a washing.

Over the past week I've ridden with two friends, both of whom own one of my old bikes. Both guys keep them very clean and honestly, I'm a bit jealous. Actually, both of my old bikes looked in better condition than my new one (I haven't washed it since May). I decided that it was time for a wash, no matter how much I didn't want to do it.

Over the weekend, I spent hours scrubbing all of the grime that'd built up over the past months. Finally, it was clean and I have to admit that I had a pretty big feeling of satisfaction. Then, it rained on my way to work this Monday and my bike looked almost as dirty as it was before I washed it. Did I mention that I hate washing motorcycles?

"Cleaning is just putting stuff in less obvious places." - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment