Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Who Was that Masked Biker?

While out on an excursion this Labor Day weekend, I ran into a couple on a motorcycle wearing those face masks with a skull on them. I'll admit to thinking these things were awesome 10 years ago. I first noticed them in a J&P Cycles catalog and nearly ordered one on the spot. Then, the movie Biker Boyz came out. Seeing guys in this cheesy movie (Ok, I thought it was a little entertaining) wear the masks made me change my opinion instantly. Nowadays, I feel like anyone should wear what they like; no judgements from me. This isn't really the point of this post; it's the fact that these people were wearing them on an 85 degree day!
The material on these masks is pretty thick, so there was no way it was comfortable. Like I mentioned before, I'm all for wearing stuff that you find fashionable. However, if that means sweating your ass off just to look a little gangster, I'll leave it!
There are definitely more clothing items that bring this reaction from me. Wearing shorts while riding comes to mind (especially when it's below 65). Sigh, to each their own I guess, but doing stuff like this just makes you look like a motorcycle douchebag!
“We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.”
Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind


No comments:

Post a Comment