Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Autumn Fall

 
Well, Summer's over. But, nothing is better than a great ride in the fall. Fall is probably the shortest season where I live as it usually snows by early November. Since early winters are so common, I always try to enjoy every last second of riding that I can once autumn starts.

One of my most memorable fall rides occurred right after I healed from my crash (see here for that story). It was mid October and warm weather is very rare at this time of year. A group of us rode leisurely from early morning until sunset, a round trip of about 300 miles. It was sunny and around 70 degrees for the entire day, there was barely any traffic, no wind, and the roads were dirt and gravel free. It just about the perfect ride! It was one of those rides that just reinvigorated my love for motorcycling.

Then, the following week it fucking snowed! Enjoy the Fall while it lasts.

"Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - John Belushi



No comments:

Post a Comment