Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Family Motorcycles


Last week I discussed the little dirt bike that I'm buying for my kids. Now, it would be wrong of me to not buy one for myself so I can ride with them, right? Well, that's the logic I'm using to justify my shopping for a dirt bike of my own.

Ten years ago I also went through a period that I thought I needed a dirt bike. However, at that time I figured that with my size and riding experience that anything under 400cc would be useless. I was an ego filled moron! First of all, I don't have that much riding experience in the dirt. During my first few years of riding I had a dirt bike, but I've been strictly riding street ever since. Next, I really don't need all that much power. A 200cc dirt bike would be more than enough. Finally, after shopping around I figured out that large displacement dirt bikes are really expensive! I never did purchase one.


Now, my only consideration is matching the amount I'm going to spend with the time I'll be riding. I don't want to spend $10,000 on a bike that I ride a couple times a month. I think $1000 would be a more acceptable price. Now, the only obstacle is convincing my wife that a dirt bike would be a smart purchase. I think I'll buy her a four wheeler (she loves riding them). That should soften her up!

"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle." - Hunter S. Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment