Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Tattooed Biker Alpha

I watched Whitney Cummings' HBO comedy special last night. She's an extremely funny lady and I recommend you check out her comedy if you haven't already. One bit she performed focused on birth control. She mentioned that birth control pills trick a woman's body into believing it is pregnant. Because of the pregnancy hormones, women become more attracted to "alpha" males to protect their imaginary offspring. She stated that was the reason she was always dating tattooed bikers.

After hearing this, I quickly turned to my wife and pointed to myself, a tattooed biker! I must be an alpha male! I'm alpha as fuck, brah! (Not serious)

Does riding a motorcycle make a guy an alpha male? What is an alpha male? I'm not exactly sure what the answers to these questions are. Webster's dictionary defines an alpha male as, "A man tending to assume a dominant or domineering role in social or professional situations." By this definition a motorcycle rider would not inherently be an alpha male. However, the fact that motorcycling is not the norm in society, a biker wouldn't be just a follower either.

I guess my opinion is that a biker may not always be an alpha male. However, because they do not follow the norm, they are more likely to be alpha than the rest of the population. So, stay alpha my biker brothers!

"We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done." - Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment