Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Trailer Your Hobby


It's snowmobile season here in the north and I've been seeing a nonstop line of trucks hauling snowmobile trailers. Seeing these reminds me of a great thing about motorcycling, especially on road motorcycling. You never have to trailer your motorcycle to ride it.

Now, I know there are exceptions to the statement above, like trailering your bike in the winter to get somewhere warm enough to ride. However, in general, all you have to do is jump on your bike and go. Actually, if you trailer your bike to your destination for no other reason than your unwillingness to ride any kind of distance, you'll find yourself being the topic of a lot of bikers' jokes. The trip to your destination is the fun part of motorcycling!

I can't imagine the money snowmobilers must spend on their trailer and a truck to haul the trailer, let alone fuel for that truck. So, motorcycling is also a cheaper hobby! Now, if I only lived in a place that I wouldn't need to worry about winter putting a halt to my riding, but that's another topic.

"When a habit begins to cost money, it's called a hobby." - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment