Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Rain Riding

 


It has rained for about 6 days straight and I'm growing pretty tired of it. However, I view this as an opportunity to test my rain gear and hone in my wet conditions riding skills.
I've mentioned before (here) that I only recently started using quality rain gear after decades of avoiding the rain or being miserable in it. Let me tell you, quality motorcycle rain suits work! It's a bit of a pain in the ass to get the suit on and off (especially getting the pants over your boots), but I stay dry even in torrential rain.
Every rider is going to have to ride in the rain, it's impossible to completely avoid. So, like anything, practice is important! Of course you'll need to slow down, but beyond that it is important to experience cornering and braking on a wet road.
So instead of keeping my bike in the garage for the last few days, I view it as an opportunity to get some more experience. If you're prepared, riding can be fun in almost any condition. Ride safe and often!
“It’s all nonsense. It’s only nonsense. I’m not afraid of the rain. I am not afraid of the rain. Oh, oh, I wish I wasn’t.” – Ernest Hemingway

No comments:

Post a Comment