Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Showers

 
 
If you would've asked me two weeks ago, I would've said that it was looking as though it could be a good spring and I would definitely be riding in early April (if not late March). Now, after a snowy, cold, and miserable week, it's not looking so good. To make things even worse, snow is in the forecast for next week. I f@&$ing hate snow in April!
To make myself feel better, I'm packing up my family and heading about 200 miles south for a few days. I think the weather will still be shitty, but a Ducati dealership is there! It's time to look for a replacement for my Monster that I sold (see here). It's also time to make the decision on what my next bike is going to be. I won't say which bike I'm considering now because I'll probably write a whole post about it when I make the purchase.
Not all of you reading this have the snow problem, but each region in the world has its own version of weather that you can’t ride in (none are as long as the 5+ month winter we have here). My advice is to find a project, like searching for a new (new to you) bike. If you’re not in the market for another motorcycle, plan your future rides, or do some maintenance on your current bike. Just do something that keeps your mind on your hobby. I really notice that this helps me more than trying to avoid motorcycles in the winter. Avoidance seems to make it worse.
I’m sorry if this post seems unfocussed. It kind of mimics the way I’m feeling right now. Flip flopping between being pissy about the weather, to being excited about the new bike prospect, to being anxious to ride no matter which bike it is. Geez, I’m a handful to deal with this time of year!
“Today is the sort of day where the sun only comes up to humiliate you.” ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club


No comments:

Post a Comment