Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Test Booster


I've heard that the sound of a high performance engine, such as a big block v8, will actually increase a man's testosterone levels (I have no studies to back this up, but I really did hear it). Now, if this is true, I'm positive that the sound of a motorcycle (the Harley rumble or liter bike hum) does the same! I'll tell you the results of my unplanned, uncontrolled, very unscientific study I performed last weekend.

On Saturday, another member of the KLK Cycles team and I finished some maintenance on my 1993 Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider (there'll be some how-to blogs coming your way in the near future). I’m actually selling it, so I wanted to make sure everything was in order before I finalized the sale. With everything torqued and all fluids checked or replaced, it was time for a test ride. I started the engine.

This is when every guy turns into a Neanderthal! Once that engine starts, everybody lets out some single syllable grunts, or spits on the ground, or slightly nods with a primal look on their face. Then I instinctively had to give the throttle a few turns to rev the engine. When I started riding, my manly instincts forced me to rev the engine a little extra before each shift.

If you think my findings here are biased and anecdotal, I'll give you my proof right now. My 18 month old son was around while this was happening. Now, I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure that at that age there isn't much testosterone in my little guy's body. After hearing the roaring engines of a couple motorcycles, he stood in the center of the group of guys, grunting oohs and ahhs and yelling “cyka” (his word for motorcycle). He also had that same barbaric look that the rest of us had! That, my friends, is all the proof you should need!

“I can’t hear you over the rumble of my freedom.” – Kid Rock


No comments:

Post a Comment