Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Motorcycle Ladies


My wife’s birthday was this week. It’s not right that it takes special occasions, like birthdays, for people to step back and contemplate how much someone means to them, but that is human nature. I’m surely guilty of this. I, for the most, part take her for granted, but I’m working on it. It’s a cliche to say that the right woman can make a better man, but in my case that’s definitely true. She loves me unconditionally, supports me when I need it, backs me up (whether I’m right or wrong), and she’ll definitely let me know when I’m being an ass!
 
Why am I bringing this up in a motorcycle blog? Well, it was motorcycles that brought us together (at least it was partially motorcycles). We started dating a little over fifteen years ago and that basically started with her riding as a passenger on my motorcycle. Little did I know how much she’d love it. It really clicked with me one sweltering summer day and all I wanted to do was sit in air conditioning. She visited my house and demanded we go for a ride. Here was a girl who wanted to ride even when I didn’t. I remember telling this to one of my buddies, saying that she might be a keeper.
 
Fifteen years, a motorcycle accident, multiple jobs, and two kids later, we’re still enjoying motorcycles together. Life responsibilities don’t allow us to ride as much as we used to, but rest assured, we still ride. So my advice to all you single guys is to find a girl who really likes to ride. Be careful, because in my experience some may be a bit crazy. If you find a beautiful, sane girl that loves to ride with you, she’s a keeper.
 
“My old man used to tell me, before he left this shitty world, ‘The right woman can make ya and the wrong woman can break ya.’ “ - Marlboro Man in the Motion Picture Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man

No comments:

Post a Comment