Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Negative Waves


There’s snow in the forecast. Actually, when I looked online, it said it was currently snowing, but it doesn’t appear to be. Of course, like every year, I’m behind on my pre-winter projects and I’m hoping that this snow isn’t the real thing. By real thing, I mean that it doesn’t accumulate on the ground. The real reason that I want winter delayed is that I really want to ride and was hoping to have at least one more good one.

Part of my wanting to ride is the fact that I haven’t been able to ride as much as I’d like this year. Actually, I haven’t ridden this little in about twenty years. I can point to a lot of of excuses why I didn’t take the time to get out and ride, but the reality is that they don’t matter. I’m not ready to be done for the year.

If I look at it optimistically, I can recall years that it snowed in October and then stopped for quite a while. The year I bought my first Ducati, I drove through a blizzard to bring it home. A week later, all of the snow melted and I was able to ride five or six times before it snowed again. Let’s hope that if we do get accumulating snow, that it’s a year like that one. Keep your fingers crossed! “

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?” - Oddball in Kelly’s Heroes

Edit: it did snow after I wrote this, but no accumulation yet. Keeping those positive waves

No comments:

Post a Comment