Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Just Like Batman


Have you seen Tim Burton’s Batman? The Michael Keaton Batman. I believe it takes place in the Autumn. I am a huge fan of the character Batman, but I must admit that it’s been a long time since I’ve seen that movie. I originally saw it in the theater in 1989 when it was released and I later bought the VHS tape and watched it often, but it’s probably been ten years since I’ve seen it. Anyway, riding in the fall always reminds me of that movie.
 
The reason why it reminds me of the movie is that in many of the scenes with the Batmobile, a cloud of fallen leaves swirls behind it. For some reason, as I ride my motorcycle in October and November, when many of the leaves have fallen, I picture the same swirl of leaves trailing me. I’m sure this doesn’t actually happen, but it’s always a cool picture in my mind.
 
Anyway, this weekend is supposed to be a nice one. I’m planning on getting out and riding. Make sure you wave to the guy on the black Ducati with cloud of leaves following in his wake.
 
“I’m Batman.” - Michael Keaton in Batman

No comments:

Post a Comment