Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Generations on Motorcycles


Yesterday evening I had a couple hours alone with my son (he's almost 4 years old). We played baseball in the yard for about twenty minutes and he lost interest. I asked him if he wanted to do anything else and he said he wanted to play a video game. I refused. It was a beautiful day and we won't get many more before winter comes, so I demanded that we stay outside. Then he said he needed to use the bathroom, so I told him I'd have something for us to do outside by the time he was finished.
 
I quickly ran to the garage and got his dirt bike out (in this blog post I described the Honda that I bought for my kids). By the time he came out of the house I had it started, warming up, and waiting right outside the door. He excitedly ran over to me and we began to ride around our property. It's still a little big for him, so I placed him in front of me and he held on to my hands as we rode around.
 
I went extremely slow for the most part, but I had the greatest time. I'm pretty positive my son did too, because he didn't want to stop. We rode around for at least thirty minutes, possibly more (I wasn't really keeping track). At one point my dad actually rode by on his motorcycle. He didn't stop, but he noticed us and had the biggest smile on his face. What an outstanding evening! Three generations enjoying motorcycles!
 
"Our most treasured family heirlooms are our sweet family memories." - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment