Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Fall Fun


I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but fall is my favorite time for riding. Don't get me wrong, I love the hot temperatures and sunshine of the summer, but the colors, smells, and overall feel of fall make me want to get out and ride. An unseasonably warm fall day might just be the best.
 
As I look at the forecast, I notice that this Friday, the first day of autumn, is predicted to be 83 degrees. That sounds like the perfect day to go for a nice long motorcycle ride. Unfortunately, a project deadline will keep me from taking the day off. However, my mother-in-law has volunteered to watch my kids that night, so my wife and I may be able to enjoy an evening ride. It would be the perfect start of the weekend.
 
Let's hope that this fall continues to be warm and lasts for a while. I know the length of the season is the same no matter what, but you know what I mean. As far as I'm concerned, winter starts as soon as snow starts accumulating. Hopefully that's not until December.
 
"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." - Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment