Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Spring Snow



If you ask my wife, this is the worst time of the year to live with me. I thought I was doing pretty well while I patiently awaited the upcoming riding season, but I guess I was wrong. Over the past weekend, my wife pointed out my crabbiness and bad attitude. I initially denied it, saying that I was feeling just fine. However, after some introspection, I realized that I was being quite an ass.
 
I was well on my way to adjusting my attitude, looking at the bright side of things. We had a decent rain on Sunday evening, which washed the roads pretty nicely. I was going to ride this week! Then, I looked at the forecast. It called for fucking snow!!!!! What?!!! My crabbiness has returned and I am a handful to deal with again.
 
But, as I try to look at the bright side (again), the snow that is currently falling is not sticking to the roads or ground, so it should have little or no impact on road conditions. I should still be riding in the very near future. Until then, I guess I'll have to deal with the 30,000th person asking the question, "Did you get out and ride your bike yet?" Sigh...
 
"I'm not really wise. But I can be cranky." - Andy Griffith




No comments:

Post a Comment