Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Review of the Viking Dirtman Enduro Saddlebag from Viking Bags



I don't have a dirt bike, so why would I want enduro bags? The first reason is that they are durable. Bags that are designed to hold up to trees and branches scraping against them should easily be able to withstand the elements experienced in street riding. The other reason is that they are compact. Let's face it, looks are important and as bags go, smaller usually looks better.

Since I mounted these bags to a street bike and they're meant for a dirt bike, I had to get a little creative instead of using the included instructions (if you also have a Ducati Monster 821 and want to know how I did it, please comment and I'll let you know). With this being said, I was able to secure them very well and they haven't moved at all in the weeks I've used them.


As I said previously, the bags look really good in my opinion. They do not take away from the overall look of my bike. This is important, because chances are that you're not going to keep bags on your motorcycle if they are ugly!

 

Two important things I always carry with me are a heated vest and rain suit (jacket, pants, and boot covers). The great thing is that these easily fit inside one bag, which is surprising since these bags appear to be too small for that. I use the other bag to carry my lunch to work, tools, hardware, etc.

Speaking of hardware, I'm currently building a deck on my house. Last weekend I discovered that I forgot carriage bolts, nuts, and washers. I figured that this would be a great test for the bags, so I rode my motorcycle to the hardware store. I'm not sure how much this hardware weighed, but it was definitely heavy! I loaded it all in one saddle bag and it held up perfectly.


The only critique I have to say about these bags is that the mounting straps go over the seat, which could be uncomfortable for a passenger. However, they are meant for dirt bikes, which rarely carry passengers, so this is understandable. I'd definitely recommend these for anyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment