Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Moto Diversity



Did everyone get out and ride this Memorial Day weekend? I had a very enjoyable ride with a diverse bunch of motorcycles and it instantly made me think of a point I always make; ride with anyone, no matter what kind of bike they have.

There were 2 Ducati Monsters, a Harley Davidson FXR, and a Kawasaki KLR. You can't get much different than that! We rode on some pretty twisty roads and everyone went at their own pace, not feeling pressured by the other riders. It was about as perfect a ride as you could hope for.

A thing that really impressed me was the riding ability of the guy on the KLR. You wouldn't expect a guy on an adventure tourer with knobby tires to keep up with any kind of street bike in the corners, but I looked in my rear view mirror and there he was. He stayed right on my tail. This guy spent the majority of last year touring Canada and Mexico on this bike, so he definitely has some riding experience and it showed. 

I sound like a broken record, but it is always great to ride with people who enjoy a different style of riding than you. In the end it can only make you a better rider.

"Different roads sometimes lead to the same castle." - George R.R. Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment