Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Enjoy Life

 
Last Friday was the warmest day of the year so far. It was 90 degrees Fahrenheit, which is unseasonably warm for spring in the north. I, of course, was stuck at work until the evening and wouldn't be able to ride until the commute home. Then at lunchtime, my wife called and recommended that we both use our paid time off to enjoy a motorcycle ride in the afternoon. At first, I thought that there was no way I could make it happen with the looming deadlines I needed to meet, but I decided that I really needed to take advantage of the beautiful weather.

We didn't end up going too far, but we rode about 80 miles in total for the afternoon. It was incredibly enjoyable and a huge stress relief. Also, what better way to kick off the weekend then a motorcycle ride.

So, if you are able, take advantage of good weather whenever you can. You'll regret not riding when winter starts next year. I guess my wife and I are lucky to have a jobs that are flexible enough to allow us to take a couple of hours off to do some riding. I think I'll be doing this more often in the future!

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." - Gerard Way



No comments:

Post a Comment