Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Me Gusta El Niño

The unthinkable happened...all of the snow melted! Apparently the unusually warm weather we're having is due to the El Niño weather pattern. I, for one, am stoked! If you read the last two blog posts, they consist of me basically pissing and moaning that winter started and now my attitude has definitely adjusted. However, even though the snow melted, I haven't ridden my bike yet because the local road crews sanded and salted the hell out of the roads over the past few weeks. If you read this post last spring, you'll know my feelings about riding in these conditions.

With a little luck and rain, the roads will be clear enough and I'll get a ride in before the snow starts to fly again. It sure is great to hear the local snowmobilers and hunters bitch about the weather instead of me. Even if I don't get out riding during this warm spell, it'll still be a couple weeks less of winter weather!

Weather like this is also why I advise against winterizing your bike too early (see post here). This is especially true if you store your motorcycle away from home for the winter. I'm still ready to get out on the roads as soon as they're mostly clear of sand and salt. Here's to December motorcycling!
"I am El Niño. Yo soy El Niño. For those of you who don't habla Español, El Niño is Spanish for: The Niño." - Chris Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment