Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review of Viking Cycle Overlord Textile Jacket

 
My fear with any armored textile jacket is always the same, it can make you look like a storm trooper in Star Wars! Honestly, with the outer shoulder armor on this jacket, it does kind of have that look, but it pulls it off! I can say I'm pretty happy with the overall look and let's be honest, that's what's really most important to almost anyone. We just expect riding jackets to protect us if we wipe out and hope we never have to find out.

As far as material and stitch quality goes, I have owned a few other textile jackets and this one matches all of them for less than half the price. It has the same amount of armor and it fits just as well. I followed the online measurements and the jacket fits just as it's noted.

My favorite features of the jacket are the adjustable waist and the pocket space. It has a big interior pocket that is supposed to be used for a tablet, but it also works great for a baseball cap. As a guy who wears a cap pretty often, it's always a struggle to find a good place for it while I'm riding.

My complaint about the jacket is the collar. I wish it fastened with a button instead of Velcro. I have a pretty big neck, so the collar doesn't close all the way, leaving a portion of the Velcro tag to scratch against my neck. I probably should've ordered a size larger, knowing that I have a bigger neck. My advice to those of you who have a large neck is to order a size bigger.

As far as what temperature this jacket works well in, I'd say it's comfortable anywhere from 65 to 85 degrees. Any cooler and I'd recommend at least a sweatshirt underneath. It's a great summer/early fall jacket.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this jacket, especially for the price. You won't find very many (if any) motorcycle jackets this inexpensive anywhere else.

Please also see the video review of this jacket. Ride safe!

See the Jacket here
https://www.motorcyclehouse.com/vikingcycle-over-lord-textile-motorcycle-jacket-for-men
More from motorcyclehouse.com
https://www.motorcyclehouse.com/motorcycle-jackets.htm
https://www.motorcyclehouse.com/motorcycle-jackets-for-men.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment