Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Riding Inspiration

 
 
The past weekend was probably the greatest weather for riding we've had so far this year (where I live anyway). I must've encountered hundreds of bikes of all makes and models...it was awesome! Was I out riding? Nope. I was doing the only thing that I enjoy more, spending quality time with my family. When my kids are older I hope that quality family time and motorcycling won't have to be exclusive, but with them only being 3 and 1, that’s how it is. I did get to sit in my yard with my son on Saturday staring at all the bikes go by my house and that was pretty awesome.
 
One of the bikes I ran across this weekend was the one pictured in this meme. I don't know about you, but I think it's pretty inspiring seeing this gentleman riding in spite of missing an arm. I guess I'd like to think that I'd have that same determination to ride if I was in a similar situation.
 
It is stuff like this that gets me motivated to get out and ride whenever I can, even if it's just to work and back. I've mentioned in a previous post (here) that we have to work at doing what we enjoy. This man is definitely living that statement. Is it weird that I’m saying this right after making an excuse for not riding? Shit! I’m contradicting myself again! Oh well, like I said, I was doing the only thing that I enjoy more than motorcycling.
 
“Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” - Francis of Assisi


No comments:

Post a Comment