Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Luck of the Ride


Do you know what one of the greatest things about riding a motorcycle is? It’s the solitude. While you're riding, there is only you, the bike, and the road. It's a time where you can let all the other bullshit in your life go and just focus on your surroundings. It can also be a great time for a little self-reflection (not too much, you still need to focus on the damn road!).
 
On my ride home from work yesterday, I had a realization come over me while I was doing some self-reflection. I'm a lucky guy! First of all, I live in a place that getting my next meal will likely never be an issue (we may not be able to say that 100 years ago). Besides that, I have a great family who I love dearly and a good job that keeps us living comfortably. Lastly I've chosen the greatest hobby ever, motorcycling.
  
I ride my bike to and from work, so even workdays will always be fun. I don’t ever have to trailer my bike like I would a boat or four-wheeler. Also, there is really no feeling that can match going fast on a motorcycle. I know I have a biased opinion on this, but I guess I'm lucky in that too, I like something enough to be passionate about it. I guess the point in all this rambling is that everyone should find something that they’re this passionate about and then they can be lucky too. Stay lucky my friends. 
 
“You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life.” – Marco Simoncelli


No comments:

Post a Comment