Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Work Ride

It's Tuesday morning, after the long Memorial Day weekend. It always seems a lot tougher to go back to work from a three day weekend. Getting out of bed was tougher than usual, it took much more time to get showered, eat breakfast, and to make my lunch and I moped around the house until I knew that if I waited one more second, I’d be late for work.
Then I started my bike. I wasn’t in slow motion anymore! Actually, I was probably going too fast (it’s always tough for me not to speed on a motorcycle). Riding to work in the morning really makes every day start out pretty well and if I have a bad day, the ride home definitely is a huge stress reliever. My new bike has riding modes, so after a stressful day at work, I switch it to sport mode and take the long way home, basically riding like an asshole the entire way (not really an asshole, but let's just say I break a few traffic laws).
So, I saw this meme on Twitter and instantly retweeted it because it really is true, even if it is a little cliché. That's the thing about cliché sayings; they usually are pretty universally true.
“It is a cliché that most clichés are true, but then like most clichés, that cliché is untrue.”
Stephen Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment