Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Biker Beatdown



If you haven't already heard, there was a violent altercation between rival motorcycle clubs this past weekend in Waco, TX. I just read an article pointing out that the FX show Sons of Anarchy lead people toward this violent lifestyle. I call bullshit!!

Ok...I don't call complete bullshit, because there may be a few cases where a person who would have led a completely nonviolent, crime free life entered the outlaw lifestyle because of that show, but they're a huge minority. Most of the men in these clubs would have been criminals anyway and just pick the biker club as their avenue to pursue that life. I'd also like to note that not all one percent bikers are violent career criminals. I've met a few who led perfectly (ok maybe not perfect) clean lives and did not commit violent crimes.

I have witnessed an example of a guy who was a criminal who happened to be in an MC. It was at a small rally a few years ago. A pretty big, well known club had a campsite there and a noticeably intoxicated man stumbled over to a little stand with some bike parts for sale. A club member was standing a 50 feet away when all of a sudden, he charged the inebriated guy. I'm pretty sure the guy flipped him off, which was a dumb move, but it did not warrant the beating he took. The club member not only knocked him down and out with a barrage of punches, but he laid about ten kicks to the guy's head and body after he was unconscious.

When it was finally over, the club member noticed that people had saw the whole thing and he got into an escalade (not even on a motorcycle) and sped away. After witnessing that, I can tell you that this man was a violent criminal and would have been one whether he was in the club or not. I think we should view the men in the Waco shootout in the same way.

Please don’t let tragedies like this keep you from enjoying movies and TV shows about outlaw bikers. I for one find them very entertaining (that’s what they are, entertainment).
 
''I have no problem with screen violence at all, but I have a big problem with real-life violence.'' – Quentin Tarantino

No comments:

Post a Comment