Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Self Inflicted Wet Ass

 
Earlier this year I mentioned that, even though I made myself ride to work everyday, I had not needed to use my rain gear. Fast forward to this week. I sold my car over the Labor Day weekend, so I am literally forced to use my motorcycle for the commute. It has rained every morning since then. Let’s just say that I’m sick of using my rain gear!

On top of this, my gear, especially the pants, is starting to lose its waterproofing. My bike tends to shoot a giant rooster tail of water behind it on wet roads and doesn’t have the largest of rear fenders, so I’ve arrived at work with a wet ass. This is the fourth year of using this rain gear and I use it fairly often, so I think I got my money’s worth.

I know I shouldn’t be bitching, since I put myself in this situation. The only reason I am is because it’s been multiple days in a row that I’ve had a wet butt and I’m growing tired of it. I just needed a bit of a venting session. With that being said, I think I’m going to delay buying a new car so I can continue this forced riding situation. 😉

“Self-inflicted pain has a calming effect; it clears the head, diminishes one's fascination with the ego, and most important, gives one the sense of having taken some real action against the everyday foolishness of the body and of the vagrant, willful, heedless imagination.” - Valerie Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment