Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Fall Fun for All Ages


The first day of Autumn is very near. I was about to write about the fact that Autumn is probably my favorite season until I looked back at my blog posts in the past. For three years straight I posted a blog about my love for the season and how I need to get some extra riding time before Winter.
 
While these posts weren’t exactly the same, they were similar enough. After reading these, I guess I was reassured that the fall is my favorite time of year. However, I don’t want to repeat these past posts, so I’ll try to put a little different spin on this one.
 
If I think back to when I was 11 or 12, all I had was a dirt bike. This time in my life is where I think I got my love of riding in the fall. I can remember riding through the woods seeing all of the Autumn colors and smelling the cool crisp air. The great thing about back then was that time didn’t seem to go by so quickly. The Autumn season didn’t seem short at all.
 
In that spirit, I think I’m going to try to spend some extra time riding trails with my kids. I just bought a truck (I know I said I was going to wait a while to get a new vehicle, but I found a good deal), so I can hall their dirt bike to trails that they’ve never been on. This, hopefully, will make a memorable season for me and them.
 
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” - Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment