Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Three Years of MotoBlogging

 
 
Last week I listened to an episode of the Joe Rogan Experience podcast. His guest was Dan Carlin. If you haven’t listened to Dan’s podcast, Hardcore History, do yourself a favor and check it out. I especially enjoy his series on World War I which is titled, Blueprint for Armageddon. The conversation turned to how they both make most of their money from podcasting and anyone can do something similar, they only need to start doing it.
 
After hearing this, I instantly started to draw parallels to beginning this blog. It’ll be three years next month that I wrote the first blog post for KLK. At that time, I was pretty miserable at my job and I believed I had made the wrong career choice (engineering). I began to think of ways that I could build an online business that pertained to my passion, motorcycles. First, I wanted to create a YouTube channel (which I have and still might pursue more in the future), but after thinking about it, I decided a blog would better suit me. I asked two of my best friends to join me and KLK Cycles was formed.
 
Three years later, I’m still an engineer. Actually, I have been pretty content with my job lately and no longer feel a need to find another. While I haven’t turned blogging into another career, I do believe it has helped me a lot. In three years I have received quite a bit of free stuff to review, I’ve written for larger blogs, and recently I had an article published in a motorcycle magazine. The number of page views per post is now five times larger than it was two years ago and a following is slowly building. I haven’t made any money doing this, but I find it extremely fulfilling and enjoy both writing and seeing the number of page views progressively increase. Who knows what the future may hold.
 
"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back

No comments:

Post a Comment