Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Stress Relief Replacement

 
 
It snowed and it appears that riding season has come to a close for me. For some reason I was surprisingly ok with it this year. My first thought was that I was able to ride for half of the month of November and there have been years that I wouldn't have been able to do that.

Then, yesterday I had an extremely stressful day at work. It was definitely in the top five worst days of my career. My first thought as I walked outside was how much I'd like to ride my motorcycle so I could relieve some of the stress that I was feeling. A little aggressive riding usually will clear my head very quickly. Driving my car home didn't help at all to reduce my stress levels.

Luckily, I was able to unwind a bit last night and I slept pretty well given the circumstances. However, I just can't shake the feeling that a motorcycle ride would really help my mindset right now. Maybe I'll workout tonight, it may not be as effective as motorcycling, but it sounds a whole lot healthier than having a drink or two, which also crossed my mind. Getting a little exercise can never be a bad thing.

"Adopting the right attitude can covert a negative stress into a positive one." - Hans Selye



No comments:

Post a Comment