Wednesday, March 16, 2016

What's the Danger?

 
If you Google search "motorcycle news" you'll quickly learn that motorcycles definitely are not mainstream yet. This morning I did that search and found that 7 of the 10 links in the first page were about accidents and deaths on motorcycles. Basically, what this shows is that when it comes to motorcycles, the biggest aspect the media likes to show is their inherent danger.

The very few times motorcycles are in the world news are usually describing the latest outlaw motorcycle club violence. I guess as a whole, the mainstream media views motorcyclists as criminals or at least reckless individuals. This may not be entirely true, but the evidence sure points us in that direction.

I don't think motorcycling is more dangerous than a lot of other hobbies. I once met a women who said she was petrified of motorcycles, but loved riding horses. I just smiled and nodded, but I really was confused. How could operating a machine that you can control be more dangerous than trusting an animal that has the strength to trample you to death?!! Sigh...to each their own, I guess.

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything. - Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment