Thursday, January 1, 2015

Cover Up

Lately I've been seeing a lot of pictures and video of women in bikinis and thongs riding motorcycles. Some have been passengers and others were riding the bike themselves. Now I'm all for pics and vids of girls in thongs and I'm nowhere near a gear Nazi, but am I the only one that thinks this is f&%$ing idiotic?

Like I said, I'm no gear Nazi. I ride with a t-shirt when it's hot and you'll even catch me without a helmet once in a while (gasp!!). I know I sound like a hypocrit now, but you won't catch me posting a picture online with myself riding with no shirt and no helmet (actually, I don't think I've ever ridden without a shirt and I cringe when I see some douche riding with a pair of shorts on).

As a guy who has some experience with rolling on some asphalt at decent speeds, believe me that "dat ass" ain't gonna be anything to look at when it meets the pavement with nothing but underwear covering it. It's gonna look more like dat hamburger! I wiped out wearing a hoodie and still have scars on my back proving that cotton doesn't protect skin so well in a crash. My wife also almost lost a toe because she was wearing sandals at the time (I protested this like crazy, but she didn't think it would be necessary for our "short ride").

I know I sound old and crusty now and it's about to get worse when I ask the next question. What kind of message does this send? I watched a video showing a girl in a thong's butt jiggle while riding on the back of a sportbike at high speeds. While this was entertaining, some girl watched it and said, "look how much attention this lady got. I can do that!" She'll hop on the back of some high school kid's bike wearing almost nothing and he'll try to show off and wipe out in the process.

Ok, rant over, but wouldn't it be a really cool video that showed a women posing with a bike, then putting on some real gear and riding the bike. Actually showing girls can be hot and ride their own bike!

Remember boys and girls, we aren't invinsible!

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else." - Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

No comments:

Post a Comment