Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Motorcycle Dreamin


This past weekend I was really longing for riding weather. Of course it's January, so there'll be none of that for at least two months in this frozen hell that I live in. While wallowing in my misery, I googled "winter motorcycle." The pictures that came up were of ice racing bikes and a couple of brave souls riding in a snowstorm. Then I saw this one.
 
I said, "Holy shit" out loud when seeing this. This bike is f@&$ing awesome! Apparently this Triumph Chepassione is a place that made this custom bike (along with others) and has a blog with the details. If you want to read it, you should brush up on your Italian, which I have not, so I cannot tell you the specifics. Then I saw that it was posted in 2009. How the hell am I just seeing this now! I've seen the dirt bikes with the track and ski conversions and that video of the street bike with spiked tires, but nothing as gorgeous as this! I’m sure all you guys who keep up with the latest stuff are thinking I’m an idiot for not already knowing about this bike.
We've been throwing around the idea of doing a KLK Cycles project bike, so maybe now it'll be a winter bike! I can guarantee it won't be as awesome as this one, but hopefully it'll still be cool. We have a line on a Honda 350 scrambler. That could be a cool ice bike, right? If we do this, it’ll probably be rolled out next winter. It seems like a pretty good way to get through the winter boredom. I would love to do the snow conversion on a dirt bike, but the ski and track kits are expensive and it wouldn’t make much sense without a fairly new dirt bike, which we don’t have (maybe someday).
With that being said, if you'd like to support this project, please go to our gofundme.com site. I'm kidding! But, have you noticed all of the stupid go fund me sites people are putting up for arbitrary reasons? But that is an entirely different rant/story.
“A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.” ― Carl Reiner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment