Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Making Motorcycle Shows Fun Again


I’ve visited the International Motorcycle Show when it is in Chicago at least 15 times. I always go with my dad, so it is a great time no matter what. However, my complaint for the past few visits has been that there isn’t really anything new. Of course there is a bunch of new motorcycles to take a look at and sit on, but beyond that it’s basically the same show year after year.

Today I read this article detailing some of the new interactive activities that will be at this year’s show. I’m actually excited to see this! It seems that electric motorcycles and virtual reality allow visitors to actually get some riding experience at the show. With electric motorcycles having no exhaust or engine noise, this really makes sense. I’m especially excited to try the XDL Wheelie Experience.

This kind of thing just seems to confirm my belief that electric motorcycles will enhance the sport, not hinder it. When you step back and think about how this technology is basically in its infancy, the possibilities may be nearly endless. Now, I’m as big a fan of internal combustion engines as everyone else and ten years ago I never would be endorsing electric motorcycles, but after seeing events like this it’s tough to not be a fan.

I’ve actually missed the show in Chicago the last couple of years. This was more due to scheduling conflicts than anything else, but I can definitely say that I’ll be clearing my schedule for the upcoming show!

“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment