Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Work You Want to Do


This past weekend was perfect spring weather. It was sunny and above 70 degrees. Great riding weather. Did I ride? Nope. The other thing that comes with beautiful spring weather is yard work. The leaves need to be raked, bare patches on the lawn need to be filled, and the trees need pruning. This is what I was doing on Saturday. Hey, at least I was outdoors!
 
When I got to the tree pruning part, I was using my chainsaw to cut dead branches from a couple of trees. While I was doing this, I glanced at the wooded area behind our house (we own a bit of property). I decided to take a look at what it would take to clear a trail for my son’s dirt bike. Two hours later, I was still in the woods cutting fallen trees and clearing brush. I really wanted that trail.
 
In my defense, my wife was just complaining how much the dirt bike was tearing up our yard, so I needed to make a trail so that would no longer happen. Needless to say, I didn’t finish the yard work I needed to do. Oh well! At least I was accomplishing something! I have heard that you do the work that you want to do before the work you need to do.
 
“A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.” - Bill Watterson

No comments:

Post a Comment