Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Spring Lemons

 
 
It’s spring! That means riding season is just around the corner. Well, it might actually be riding season if you live somewhere that doesn’t have snow more than five months out of the year, but for me it is approaching. One thing that’s looming for me that I’m dreading prior to riding is needing a valve adjustment on my Ducati.

With my previous Ducati, I was able to do the adjustment myself (okay...with some help from a friend who happens to be a motorcycle mechanic), but with this one being relatively new I want to bring it to the Ducati dealership to take care of the initial service. From my research I’ve discovered that this will cost $1000 or more. That is a tough pill to swallow!

As much as this price bothers me, I think I can make a weekend trip down to the dealership (it is 200 miles away). This will be a nice ride and I'll spend the night and relax as my bike is being serviced. I know this will cost more money, but if I make it like a vacation I can at least have some fun. Next adjustment I’ll do on my own (probably with some help again).

“When life gives you lemons. . . You might as well shove 'em where the sun don't shine, because you sure as hell aren't ever going to see any lemonade.” - Rob Thurman

No comments:

Post a Comment